Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:23:52 -0600
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
Cc:        jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>, jfieber@indiana.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bloated operating systems

> Probably more like "We will ship and shove down our users throats another
> bloated OS which includes for example AFCs, but not JFCs, because that would
> promote something that doesn't force the user to stay with windows."

Except that the current pre-release of the AFCs is 100% pure Java, and
is supposed to stay that way.  I've developed some toy programs with it
on HP/UX's 1.1 JDK, and sure enough, they barely work---but it was kinda
eerie seeing new-Windows-style widgets on a Unix desktop before the
stupid library crashed and burned.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov