Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 13:13:35 +0100
From:      ANDREAS.KLEMM.AK@bayer-ag.de
To:        "        -         (052)scsi(a)FreeBSD.ORG" <scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can FreeBSD boot from a 18 GB SCSI harddisk ?

Hi !

If I*%d plan to get a PII 450 MHz system with
an ASUS P2B-S ( or LS) board which contains an
AIC 7890 chip on board, could I install FreeBSD on
it and would the system run without trouble (could I access
all 18 GB) ???

BTW, I just heard this board has 2 SCSI connectors (one 50 and one 68).
Does this system have one or two SCSI channels ?
Is it then possible, to install an Ultra 2 Wide SCSI Harddisk like the Seagate
Cheetah or Barracuda on the wide connector and normal Narrow SCSI
Devices like CD-Rom and Tape on the other connector ???

So to say, can I mix 20 MHZ with 80 MHz SCSI devices ???

 Andreas ///