Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 16:24:33 +0900 (JST)
From:      "T.SHIOZAKI" <tshiozak@bsdclub.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        tshiozak@FreeBSD.ORG, i18n@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wchar.h / Citrus import

From: "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:38:34 -0700

> I was quite taken back by your commit of the Citrus bits considering we
> were in the middle of a discussion about it.
>
> Anyway, can you educate us about your intentions for the future of this
> code?

My intention for my workings I will do for FreeBSD is, if anything,
not "import" but "feedback".

Citrus XPG4DL is not from-scratch works but derived-works from FreeBSD.
Certainly, the codes I've committed a few days ago are newly-built codes
(however, these code are made for nvi-m17n by itojun and have been
used for several years), but the most codes I intend to commit are just
reforms of FreeBSD codes.
From the first (about 20 months ago), I began the works for FreeBSD.
I should feedback immediately, and I indented to do so at that time,
but I didn't it by some reasons; I was not FreeBSD committer,
I prefered that the feedback working was done by various committer
rather than myself since I was migrating my main platform to NetBSD
at the time, and I was busy by other works.  Several Japanese FreeBSD
committers offered to do it instead of me, but they seemed busier
than me and let the work be.
So, Umemoto-san lately invited me to do it by myself directly.
I thought I'm adopted to FreeBSD committer for feedbacking XPG4DL
to FreeBSD under already-concensused, and I felt I'm hurried up.
David, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your message as hurrying me up.

Under the current status, Cirtus XPG4DL has the two roles:
  1. first-step code for porting FreeBSD locale stuffs to NetBSD, and
  2. supplement of lacking faculties we need.
The former role is coming to end.  I just indent to return the improvement,
as a result of the latter role of XPG4DL, to FreeBSD once again.
After that, I indent to restart Citrus works.

> The committed files have style issues (RCS IDs are just one example).

I would be grad to point out more concretely or fix it yourself.
Preferably, please fix style of the codes I'll commit as if they were
a part of FreeBSD without constraint.
Then, I'll re-import the codes to Citrus and NetBSD, if possible.

--
Takuya SHIOZAKI