Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:43:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        kkonstan@duth.gr (Konstantinos Konstantinidis)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in (Rahul Siddharthan), brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass), ugly-daemon@home.com (Chris Moline), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The desktop apathy

> > > Would you rather pay $5000 per seat or whatever it was for crap like
> > > CDE?  That's where we'd be if the GPL'd alternatives didn't exist.
> >
> > No, we'd be paying for Visix LookingGlass, and we'd all be much
> > happier.
> >

> Whatever happened to that? A quick google search yielded no relevant
> results...

It's mentioned in a lot of places on the net... I guess
google sucks.  8-).

It was taken over by Vertex Developement; see the presentation at:
http://www.vertexdev.com/~jeff/LinuxLG/index.html

Here is a review of the version that ships with Caldera Linux:
http://ncc1701e.net/LDP/LDP/LG/issue30/nelson.html

Here is an article by a Visix co-founder:
http://www.sdmagazine.com/articles/1996/9603/9603n/9603n.htm

Here is one of their former support engineers resumes:
http://www.badgertronics.com/writings/resume-full.html

The author of FTEditSys claims it's not available any longer:
http://www.linuxutilities.org/Utilities/FTEditSys.html

Caldera Linux used to ship with them at one time (being forced
to use "moolit" was one of the reasons that some of the original
people left Novell to start Caldera; I used to work with most of
them, at one time or another, during my 4 years at Novell):
http://www.caldera.com/support/docs/1.1/base/addendum/english/title.html

Here are other sundry references:
http://www.prescient.com/articles/Usability/Usability.html
http://zeus.uwindsor.ca/public/upgrade_62.html