Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 12:54:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au (David Dawes)
Cc:        jehamby@lightside.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: X11R6.1 available...  Should we use?

> >xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree98 which seems to be a subset of xfree86,
> >with no accompanying documentation!
>
> This is for the Japanese PC98 machines (which can run variants of FreeBSD,
> NetBSD and SVR4).  I don't personally know much about these machines,
> other than that they are Intel-based, but have quite a different bus
> architecture to AT-style machines.

We should integrate the changes for PC98 support directly so that
there is no need to have seperately maintained variants.  This
includes keyboard layout, etc., not just the obvious areas.

Any Japanese takers?  I have been unable to get a PC98 here in
the US for this type of thing.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---