Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 21:01:19 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@inch.com>
To:        "David Scheidt" <dscheidt@enteract.com>, "Terry Lambert" <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BSD lightness: Free/Net/Open

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:13:02 +0000 (GMT), Terry Lambert wrote:

>They were 386-SX/16's with only 4M of memory each, and 512k of
>video RAM.

Given that then I am beggining to feel more hopefull those 486s will do
the job. :-)

>This was back in the 1.1.5.1 days, using a stripped kernel and
>netboot.exe

What is netboot.exe?
What part of the kernel did you "strip out"?

Wouldn't a custom kernel do the job or are there savings to be made
from taking certain things out?
I would be hesitant to even try taking things out of the kernel..