Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:11:23 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: Sitting inside, looking out...

On Tuesday, 3rd August 1999, "Chad R. Larson" wrote:

>As I recall, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>>     I would recommend simply having a 'FreeBSD' T-Shirt.  None of this
>>     'committers' or 'core' stuff.
>
>No, I think you missed the point.  The T-shirt (or sweatshirt, or
>baseball cap or whatever) should be special, easily identified as
>special and available only to the group you're trying to
>incent/reward.

You must be unaware of the drama over Matt's commit bit, or actually, lack
thereof.  While I quite like the idea of a FreeBSD Committer T-shirt, I
would feel strange wearing mine while Matt was denied one.

Dangerous talk follows:
Even though I saw it all happen (in the public lists), I don't understand
how it is still unresolved.  People are being too quiet or indirect about
this issue, even with the current unofficial position statement.  I think
it's festering.  Maybe it's time for a do or die, cure or death operation.
A let-it-all-hang-out public slanging match, perhaps?  I don't expect a vote,
but I like to know what is happening.

Stephen.