Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:58:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        bk@schiele-ct.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elsa Quickstep 3000

>From the keyboard of Bernd Koecke:

> error-messages and finally says that there is no access to the S0-Bus.
> I attached the syslog-output for detailed information. Some pieces of
> the syslog-output look like the lines in the mail from Jon Lech
> Johansen and his Asuscom ISDN-Card.

No. Jon messages gave the L1 messages in L1 state F7 which is the activated
State. Yours is:

> Feb 14 14:23:05 unicorn /kernel: i4b-L1-timer3_expired: state = F4 Awaiting Signal

in state F4 which is the problem described in the FAQ.

> ISDN-Phone, but the card didn't recognize  any calls. With WinNT the
> LED's on the back of the card are on after the System initialized it,
> but with i4b all LED's are off.

The LED's are software settable and are not serviced by i4b because this
would involve too much work (for me). They don't have any meaning in i4b
and are therefore off all the times.

> this will help to find the error, if any. The problem may be that the
> driver was originally written for a QS1000, does anybody use such a
> card and can tell me wether it works?

Yes, i have a QS1000 and the driver works.

> May be it is necessary to change a few things in the QS1000-Driver
> (more than the VendorID, it was only a quick hack).

As far as i recall, there was more necessary than just another Vendor ID.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77