Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 07:49:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        uh@sed.cs.fsu.edu (Gang-Ryung Uh)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: make world

As Gang-Ryung Uh wrote:

>   I am trying to build the FreeBSD-current (which I downloaded 7 days ago).
>   But in the early stage of "make world", I got an following fatal error:

> ===> rtld
> install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555  -fschg ld.so /usr/libexec
> install -c -o bin -g bin -m 444 rtld.1.gz  /usr/share/man/man1
> Memory fault
> *** Error code 139

> I am just curious in what situation the "Memory fault" message
> can be generated. Would you tell me how to fix that problem?

This seems to be the same problem i'm experiencing when trying to
``make release'', except i'm only getting it in the chroot'ed tree,
with the make binary running from there.  At least for me, it's `make'
that segfaults here.  And it does _not_ appear to be kernel- related!
Has anybody been changing something in the area of malloc()?

--
cheers, J"org