Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 20:17:55 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [dn-core] Re: Perens' "Free Software Leaders Stand Together"

I'm not sure I see the difference.  You have to figure that if he thinks
Mach is crap, and MacOS X is derived from Mach, then he thinks that MacOS X
is crap.  It's like saying "He didn't call Pavarotti stupid.  He said
Italians are stupid."  Let's not ignore the context of the quotation.

Besides, I don't think anyone is faulting Mr. Torvalds for having his
opinion.  But his public handling of it is still pretty poor given his
status and the weight his comments carry.

--Chip Morton