Date:      Sat, 28 May 2005 23:23:55 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org, Daniel <bdaniel7@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Romanian BitDefender for FreeBSD Mail Servers line

Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> All, inc Daniel,
> advocacy@ list is not a web designers chat room.
> Regular hot air here from various people about web page design is Tedious.
>   - advocacy@ is the Wrong Address to change content of www.freebsd.org
>   - Use send-pr to submit web page corrections (for a commit to cvs/www).
>   - www@ exists - use it !
> 		"A mailing list that allows you to send mail to the
> 		Webmasters, the managers of FreeBSD Project web servers
> 		(not web servers that hosted on FreeBSD computers)."
>   - webmaster@ is an RFC standard address, consider that too.

I do believe that the official website is by far the biggest
channel of promoting FreeBSD that we currently have, and as such,
I believe that any discussion about replacing, improving or in
any other way change it clearly qualifies as FreeBSD advocacy
related.
And, if I understood it correctly, he was not requesting an
immediate change to the webpage. He stepped up and announced a
*will* to change it, and was asking for feedback and thoughts.
When the community, ie advocacy@, approves of his work and agrees
on a actual website change, then it would be time to involve the
webmasters (they are of course welcome to join the discussion
earlier if they so wish).

I have been subscribed to this list for a long time, and I cant
recall website design as a subject being discussed even once. The
design of freebsd.org on the other hand frequently comes up, but
I consider that to be as advocacy related as anything else
discussed here.
I can see that we simply disagree here, but the fact that this
discussion pops up every other month clearly shows that there are
a lot of people that wants something to happen. Seeing people
chasing them off the list everytime is something *I* find tedious.